Please keep in mind that due to COVID-19, events should be verified directly with the organization prior to attending.
Fantasy Theatre Factory is seeking a Production Assistant to join our team in an entry-level position on a full-time basis. As a key member of the production team, the primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day operating function of our grant-funded productions, field trip performances, production/operational logistics at the Sandrell Rivers Theater and other off-site bookings throughout the State of Florida and out-of-state as well. This is an ever-changing role with a wide variety of actions and responsibilities. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and knows how to repair/create different design elements for our productions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
– HS Diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
– Written and verbal communication skills in English.
– Ability to work as part of a team.
– Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of times.
– Proficient in MS Office, Google Calendar.
– Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
– Must be well organized.
– Must pass level 2 criminal background check.
– Must have reliable transportation.
– Excellent problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
– Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
– Knowledge with sewing equipment and paint.
– Experience driving a Van and different vehicles – preferred.
– Able to operate Sound Board, Light Board and/or Projector – preferred.
– Able to lift 75 pounds.
– High attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Reports to Production Manager.
– Organize costumes, sets, props and other storage rooms throughout the facility.
– Repair Costumes when productions are on tour.
– Touch up sets and props whenever they are needed.
– Clean and restock makeup kits.
– Assist during rehearsals as needed.
– Assist with load-in and load-outs of shows.
– Performs minor maintenance of Facility – Including Painting.
Position available as of immediately. Level II background check and own transportation is required. Please note this position is a full time, hourly position that is eligible for benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour