Woman’s Club of Wilton Manors

Woman’s Club of Wilton Manors

 954 - 565 - 9867

 600 N.E. 21 St Court, Wilton Manors, FL

The Woman’s Club was chartered in the State of Florida and federated internationally in 1949. It originally gathered in the Village Meeting Hall on N.E. 26th Street, which is now the site of our local public library. As shown in this rare photo, ground for the permanent clubhouse was broken in April 1955 on land donated by Alvar Hagen. Seen left to right are Alvar Hagen, Clayton Leave (the construction contractor), Louama Leaver, and Virginia Hagen. Both Mrs. Hagen and Mrs. Leaver served as Presidents of the Woman’s Club