The City of Hallandale, in partnership with ArtServe, is seeking professional visual artists to express their artistic vision into the community by painting fire hydrants throughout the City of Hallandale Beach (FL). Artists are encouraged to submit their portfolios and design proposals throughout the duration of this project.
This is a PAID opportunity for artists living or working in South Florida. Artist’s fee is $120 per hydrant.
- Paint only on the assigned fire hydrants.
- Artists must bring their own art supplies and paint according to the Fire Department Regulations (this info will be provided to you prior to painting).
- Nothing can be attached to the fire hydrant.
- Artists may use stencils, airbrush with masking tape, or freehand your design.
- Artists must stick to the approved design. If you desire to make changes, you must seek ArtServe and the City of Hallandale’s approval prior to changing your design.
- Only designated fire hydrants within the City of Hallandale boundaries are potential candidates for painting.
- The public and private space immediately around the fire hydrant should be kept clean and neat when not directly working on the fire hydrant. Please respect the property.
- Fire hydrants that fall into a state that no longer enhance the immediate area will be painted over. For example, a hydrant that begins to peel or otherwise deteriorate.