Call for Artists: Jobs
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33330
The Director of Development is responsible for solicitation of sponsorships and contributions from corporations, foundations and individuals, as well as working with Development staff to implement in-house and off-site fundraising events. Working with the museum’s Board, Executive Director/CEO and Management Team, the Director of Development will participate in institutional planning, fiscal oversight, relationship building and focusing on increasing the museum’s donor base in support of exhibitions, public programs and community initiatives for the underserved.
Successfully manage and direct the museum’s annual fundraising efforts from various constituencies to meet the museum’s budgetary goals. Provide guidance and direction to staff and volunteers to assist in these efforts.
Implement all fundraising activities including prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation. Work with Development staff to oversee database management, gift acknowledgement, donor/sponsor recognition and grant submissions.
Plan, organize, implement and manage in-house and off-site fundraising events including the Teen Recycled Fashion Show, Women of Vision and Signature Spring Fundraiser, working closely with the Executive Director/CEO, department directors and volunteer committees.
Work with the Executive Director/CEO and Board members to increase the museum’s profile in the community, including attendance at key events, meetings, and networking socials.
Provide leadership and direction to Board of Directors’ Fund Development Committee.
• Proven leadership in major gifts fundraising
• Experience in building a donor base with various constituent groups
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to engage prospective major donors and initiate follow-up strategies
• Knowledge of South Florida funders and donors a plus
• Strategic and creative thinker, proactive and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, events and donors
• Bachelor degree required
• CFRE or equivalent certification/experience a plus
• A minimum of three (3) years of proven fundraising experience and management