A key takeaway of the “Searching for Giants” inflatable art installations popping up across Broward County is that art can be found everywhere, even in places we may not traditionally think to find it. You just have to look.
But even more than looking, when it came to planning this mammoth public art project that encompasses all nine commission districts, the Cultural Division wanted to include ways for communities to have additional opportunities to engage with the inflatable art on view, so we incorporated one hour of free programming/activities into the project.
Every day, at 10:30 am, the public is invited to interact with the art through yoga, story time and more. Here’s a list of upcoming activations at the time of publishing and activities that you and your friends, family and colleagues can enjoy.
Friday and Saturday, Oct. 4-5, West Lake Park, Hollywood
- Friday: Paddleboard demos with the Giants in the cove for 13+
- Saturday: “Be an eco-giant” with site cleanup.
Thursday and Friday, Oct. 10-11, Stirling Road Branch Library, Hollywood
- Thursday: “Maybe Something Beautiful” story time and virtual reality demos
- Friday: Turning Memories into Memoirs: Writing Workshop for Seniors
Friday and Saturday, Oct. 18-19, Miramar Library & Education Center, Miramar
- Friday: Rhythm Learning Time (interactive musical story time with instruments for ages 4 and under); plus, virtual reality demos
- Saturday: Not-so-scary Halloween Parade and Music Program
Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, Delevoe Park, Fort Lauderdale
- Friday: Yoga (all ages) Saturday: Yoga (all ages) and Healthy Communities Day
REMINDER: We’re giving away we’re giving away two Meet-the-Band passes to Riptide Music Festival per location; There are still five more chances to win! Visit ArtsCalendar.com/Giants for more information about how to enter.
Search #ArtAcrossBroward on Instagram to see how people are creating their own art with the infl atables.