International Kinetic Art Event
Featuring one-of-a-kind visual art experiences in downtown Boynton Beach.
The 2019 International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium is a FREE biennial event in downtown Boynton Beach. This event will connect you to one-of-a-kind visual art experiences. Featuring:
• Breathtaking outdoor and indoor kinetic artworks
• Intriguing installations that create movement and sound
• Inspiring art and technology displays
• Interaction with kinetic artists
• Augmented Reality experience accompanying each installation
For more information, visit IntlKineticArtEvent.org.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES *
- Feb 2, 2019 at 09:00 am - 06:00 pm (Sat)
- Feb 3, 2019 at 11:00 am - 04:00 pm (Sun)
Additional time info:
Outdoor Kinetic Art Exhibition
- Cultural District – E. Ocean Ave. from SE 1 st St. to Fed. Hwy. and SE 4th St. to Boynton Beach Blvd. east to the Marina.
- Self-guided tour featuring 12 outdoor kinetic sculptures
- Augmented Reality at each outdoor kinetic artwork
- Otocast App – artists talk about their kinetic artwork
- ASL Interpreted tours begin at TBD at the Exhibition Tent
- Vote on your favorite kinetic artwork
Indoor Kinetic Art Exhibition Tent located at 114 N. Federal Hwy.
- Opening Reception
- Indoor exhibition featuring various kinetic artworks
- Kinetic videos
- Meet and greet with international kinetic artists
- Interactive kinetic art influenced inventions and technological innovations
- Kinetic Art Project – featuring the community project
Weekend Kinetic Art Experiences
- Moving Toward Balance – a one hour community mobile-making experience to promote balance for oneself and the environment (2 per day at 11:30am and 2:30pm Sat., Feb 2 and Sun., Feb 3)
- Kinetic Kanopi – a community project that demonstrates sustainability and kinetic technologies
- Solar Shimmer project – a student interactive kinetic installation
- Sun Boxes – a solar-powered sound installation
- Never-ending nature-inspired cellular bloom kinetic sculptures
114 N. Federal Hwy., Boynton Beach, FL 33435
For ADA modifications, call 561.742.6649 or Florida Relay 711 by January 25, 2019.
For ADA modifications, call 561.742.6649 or Florida Relay 711 by January 25, 2019.View less