The Art and Culture Center/Hollywood is a multidisciplinary organization that presents contemporary art exhibitions; performing arts and arts education programs for children, youth and adults. This particular position is based at the Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center, a 500-seat center at US 1 and Monroe Street, that the Center manages.
Job Title: Theater Coordinator
Responsible For: Assists with Management of the Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center (HCPAC), special select events.
Salary Ranges: $11-$15 an hour based on qualifications. Approximately 20-25 hours per week, part time. Flexible schedule necessary, especially evenings and weekends.
Schedule Requirements: Must be available Sundays 7:00 am-2:30 pm, Wednesdays 1:00-9:00 pm. Additional hours based on event schedule and needed office hours.
Reports To: Overall supervision, Deputy Director. Works directly with Manager of Theater Operations and Events and Technical Director.
Liaison With: ACCH staff and management, clients, general public, artists, volunteers, children, teachers, vendors.
Primary Function: Assists Manager of Theater Operations and Events with supervising operational and administrative aspects of all events occurring at Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center as well as rental activity for the Center and some special events at the Art and Culture Center/Hollywood galleries and Arts School. Assists Technical Director with technical component of some events and projects.
• Assist with ensuring departmental practices are compliant with company policies and legal requirements.
• Assist Manager of Theater Operations and Events with daily operations of performing arts facility and facility staff.
• Answer inquiries for rentals as needed; Oversee the development and maintenance of database of all individuals and organizations renting the facility.
• Assist with the preparation, negotiation, and reconciliation of facility rental contracts and required paperwork.
• Coordinate operational requirements for events and communicates relevant event information to facility staff.
• Assist Manager of Theater Operations and Events with assessing and monitoring events in order to revise and update all operational needs; Maintain necessary paperwork and account information.
• Help monitor concession needs including buying product, inventory and reconciliation of money.
• Be main staff representative at regular weekly events held on Wednesday evening and Sunday mornings. Representative for other rental and special events as needed.
• Assist with the operation of sound, light, and show equipment when necessary at HCPAC and ACCH.
• Maintain informational materials on all aspects of the facilities for distribution to current and potential clients.
• Assist follow up with rental clients before and after the event via verbal communication, email, surveys, etc. to confirm event information and receive feedback.
• Assist with monitoring custodial activities and work orders to ensure proper upkeep of HCPAC facility is maintained.
• Help recruit, train and supervise house, technical and box office management personnel, as needed.
• Assist with general office managerial duties. Help Manager of Theater Operations and Events monitor all HCPAC payroll records, labor budgets, bi-weekly time sheets and work schedules for all event personnel.
• Assist with creating reports and submitting to established departments.
• Attend all necessary facility and staff related meetings.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in performing arts and facility management and at least 1 year of previous experience in a similar role. Excellent organizational, time management and computer skills as well as an ability to work well with the public is essential. Candidate must have strong office and administrative experience, attention to detail as well as an ability to proactively solve problems with positive outcomes.
Candidate should also possess the ability to multitask and work well with a variety of personalities while maintaining a positive attitude even in highly stressful or time sensitive situations. The candidate must work well as part of a team and also be selfdirected, conscientious, punctual, dependable, and organized. Experience in technical theater a plus but not required as training will be provided.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume by mail, hand delivery, fax or email only. Position open until filled. Please reference the position title: Theater Coordinator
For more information and to apply, contact:
Art and Culture Center/Hollywood
1650 Harrison Street, Hollywood, FL 33020
Fax: 954. 921. 3273