ARTSERVE MISSION STATEMENT
“Serving the community by fostering artistic growth”
Position of Executive Director for ArtServe serves as a visionary Administrator reporting to the President of the Board of Directors. This is a dynamic role for a highly motivated, innovative, engaging, visionary and passionate leader who understands the impact on communities. The Executive Director is accountable for all aspects of the organization which includes strategy, fundraising, marketing and public relations, development, exhibits, events and programs, facilities, financial management, technology and security. The Executive Director is also directly accountable for the guest experience, membership expansion and continuous growth of ArtServe. Success in this role requires moving the organization ahead while preserving the qualities from which ArtServe has derived its success. The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader and motivator committed to fostering a positive and forward thinking environment.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The following illustrative responsibilities are not intended to describe every function that may be required by position of Executive Director to successfully lead ArtServe. The omission of specific statements or duties does not preclude the Board from assigning additional duties which are industry standards and advance the organization.
1. Building off a recently completed organizational assessment and visioning project, create and drive a new Strategic Plan that moves ArtServe towards excellence within the
2. Develop annual goals and objectives aligned with the Strategic Plan and ensure achievement of near-term operational goals and objectives as well as progress toward longer-term
3. Serve as a leader and influencer in the community, and the local arts and cultural community to promote ArtServe, and its role in the arts and education industry.
4. Build and maintain strong relationships with key influencers, donors, artists, collectors, members, educators, philanthropic organizations, corporate leaders, peer institutions,
academic institutions, school districts, media, county and city representatives.
5. Lead large scale development and marketing efforts that expands ArtServe’s profile, brand and presence in the community and local levels.
6. Responsible for the development of ArtServe’s Annual Operating Budget in conjunction with the General Manager and the Finance Director, including planning, preparing, monitoring
and administering; presentations to the Board for approval; recommends opportunities to grow and develop new revenue streams for the organization. Develops resources sufficient to
ensure the financial health of the organization.
7. Responsible for the creation and implementation of ArtServe’s Annual Development Plan; and leads in all aspects of fundraising and development activities, including grant writing,
reporting and fostering strong relationships with funders, foundations, corporations and individual donors. Implements new fundraising strategies that bring in additional outside revenue
from public, corporate, foundation, and individual sources; effectively balancing income and expenditures.
8. Oversee ArtServe’s day-to-day activities including administrative, fiscal management, exhibits, programs, events and familiar with facility management, technology and security.
9. Knowledgeable of print, radio, social media, and other forms of communication to bring visitors to ArtServe and foster the organization’s growth.
10. Continuously grow diversity, and expand the organization’s role in the community serving visitors through high profile exhibits, programs and guest experiences.
A Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum of 7 years progressive arts/fundraising and not-for-profit management or equivalent experience. Must possess exceptional interpersonal, oral and
written communication skills. A proven development and fundraising track record is required.
Work schedule will include evenings and weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits are included.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to: Artserveed@gmail.com. Artserveed@gmail.com
Full Time Position