Please keep in mind that due to COVID-19, events should be verified directly with the organization prior to attending.
Gay Men’s Chorus of South Florida is looking to hire a Director of Marketing & Sponsorships.
Now in its eleventh season, the Gay Men’s Chorus of South Florida (GMCSF), is searching for a Director of Marketing & Sponsorship to provide aggressive and visionary leadership to the organization’s earned income strategies. GMCSF is the largest gay men’s chorus in the southeastern United States and in elven years has grown to over 130 singing members. GMCSF is primarily a volunteer-driven organization with a small staff team, so it is imperative that the Director of Marketing & Sponsorship possesses an authentic enthusiasm for working with volunteers.
The Director of Marketing & Sponsorship reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for securing the financial growth and stability of the organization, while ensuring marketing and sponsorship efforts align with the mission, vision and values of GMCSF. The successful candidate will be energetic, outgoing, innovative and driven to meet and exceed goals, while building a focused and comprehensive approach to the institution’s earned income efforts. Both an attention to detail, as well as a broader sense of scope and vision, are important skills to lead the marketing and sponsorship efforts of this dynamic and emerging organization.
* Meet or exceed corporate sponsorship revenue goals
* Prospect, sell, activate and maintain corporate sponsorship and advertising partnerships for GMCSF concerts and special events
* Design sales proposals and presentations for potential corporate partners
* Regularly call on clients and make sales presentations away from the Chorus office
* Research, write and deliver successful corporate/corporate foundation grant proposals
* Prepare advertising & sponsorship contracts and addenda and negotiate advertising and sponsorship deals with clients, while protecting the best interests of GMCSF
* Work to coordinate the timely and accurate fulfillment of all aspects of contractual obligations including tickets, signage and other branding, and sponsor promotions
* Foster and grow corporate partnerships through various means including direct contact, newsletters, partner gatherings and client entertainment events
* Exceed sponsor expectations in terms of service, benefits and overall value
* Research and track industry best practices
* Other duties as assigned
* Meet or exceed ticket sales goals for concerts and special events
* Develop and implement effective, multi-faceted ticket campaigns
* Oversee the development and execution of all advertising and promotional efforts, including the supervision of marketing and public relations contractors
* Generate a persistent media presence through solid public and media relations tactics
* Police the organization’s brand and ensure that style guidelines are followed
* Build brand awareness locally, regionally and nationally
* Ensure the Chorus is represented at key regional events, meetings, festival, etc.
* Support member recruitment efforts and the promote auditions
* Coordinate the development and production of concert program books
* Maintain the Chorus website in a manner that makes it powerful and effective
* Other duties as assigned
* Develop a firm knowledge of the organization’s operation and vision for the future
* Engage the Chorus membership and volunteers
* Participate in institution-wide planning & budgeting
* Monitor spending against budgeted parameters
* Support institutional needs as may be identified from time-to-time
* Commitment to the Gay Men’s Chorus of South Florida mission and values
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
* Two or more years’ experience selling the arts or other live sports or entertainment events to the public
* Demonstrated excellence in corporate relationships and sales
* Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed financial goals
* Maturity, diplomacy and common sense when working closely with all GMCSF constituent groups, especially major donors, Board members, volunteers and community groups
* Technologically experienced and savvy, including knowledge of fundamental computer software (i.e. MS Office, etc.)
* Ability to motivate and influence others to reach goals
* Excellence in the following skill areas: written and verbal communication; inter-personal; problem-solving; analytical; planning and implementation; public speaking and presentation; organizing, prioritizing and detail-tracking in a multi-project environment; collaboration
GMCSF has a core value of inclusion and is actively seeking to diversify its staff.