The Art and Culture Center/Hollywood is a multidisciplinary organization, that offers the community contemporary art exhibitions; performing arts and arts education programs for children, youth and adults. We feature South Florida artists as well as national emerging and midcareer contemporary artists. The Center is committed to providing exposure and recognition in the form of quality exhibitions and programs that reflect the highest standards of contemporary and cultural diversity. Each year, the Center presents more than 20 art exhibitions, artist talks, and workshops and more that 80 unique education classes or program sessions for youth in the visual and performing arts.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for the visual arts, which can identify talent and produce quality art exhibitions and related events. The Curator of Exhibitions, who reports to the Executive Director, will be responsible for developing an overall concept and program of the Center’s exhibitions and corresponding programs. As part of the management team, the Curator will also participate in working collaboratively on all areas relating to exhibitions, education, fundraisers, marketing, events, etc.
• Develops and implements a cohesive vision and strategy for the exhibition of contemporary art at the Center (existing and planned)
• Develops and curates contemporary art exhibitions as well as works with guest curators
• Manages two art preparators during installation/deinstallation to present the cohesive vision of each exhibition
• Develops new programs for new audiences and spaces
• Contributes to the implementation of programs aimed at engaging new and diverse audiences through a dynamic mix of exhibitions, education programs, interpretations and
• Collaborates with Executive Director and Center staff on visual arts focused fundraisers, opportunities for marketing, public relations, sponsorships/fundraising, networking,
public programs, etc.
• Prepares and manages exhibition budgets and expenses
• Conducts research, studio visits and negotiates with artists and lending institutions and supervises installations
• Works and interacts with colleges, universities, visitors, etc.
• Oversees and coordination of group tours to our galleries
• Cultivate donors and lenders
• Speak publicly to community, college and media in relation to exhibitions and related programs
• Manages collections
• Performs additional tasks, as needed
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree in visual arts, curatorial studies or art history required and a master of fine arts degree, preferred
• A minimum of three years curatorial experience.
• Knowledge of contemporary art and art history as well as emerging, local, national & international contemporary artists is essential
• Have ability to write, interpret and discuss art principles for internal and external use.
Skills and Abilities:
• Possess organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a changing environment with variable pressure; capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines; demonstrates initiative and dependability; works collaboratively and as a team.
• Strong communicator and experience in writing and editing
• Detail-oriented and exercises good judgment and problem solving skills
• Ability to work flexible hours during events on evenings and weekends as needed to oversee programs and participate in other gallery activities
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, Google platform, and social media
Salary and Benefits:
• Full-time with benefits; Occasional evening/weekend hours for events. Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed. Range $45,000-$58,000.
• Send in confidence via mail, email or fax your resume and brief cover letter explaining your relevant experience, No phone calls, please. Position open until filled.
For more information, please contact:
Art and Culture Center /Hollywood
1650 Harrison Street
Hollywood, FL 33020
Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax – 954/921-3273