The Camp and Scholarship Coordinator provides administrative support to the Broward Center’s Education Department with a focus on camp, scholarship and ticketing programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate administration for Summer Theater Camp, Spring Break Theater Camp, Summer and Winter Intensives and Day Camps.
- Provide information regarding camps, classes and scholarships.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of summer camp program details including auditions, shows, lunch offerings, dates, age groups, etc. as well as intensives, scholarships and classes
- Responsible for handling all details of camp from registration to completion.
- Attend orientation sessions and first day of camp and provide feedback and suggestions on how to improve the camp experiences and overall process.
- Develop proficiency in ActiveNet software to register students and create camp offerings online.
- Maintain accurate administrative records; update and print weekly rosters.
- Act as the liaison between summer camp staff, parents, and Education Department.
- Coordinate camp lunch program including menu selection, dietary restrictions, pricing and sales.
- Manage inventory of summer camp administrative supplies, ordering materials as needed.
- Promote scholarship opportunities through identified channels.
- Oversee the scholarship application and selection process.
- Monitor scholarship budget to maximize use of funds.
- Report on scholarship outcomes for internal and external constituents.
- Support the VP of External Affairs in the fulfillment of community ticketing requests by creating and distributing vouchers, certificates and any other items to be donated to non-profit organizations.
- Maintain records of community ticket donations as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work a designated schedule during office and camp hours. Must attend all camp check-ins.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to handle sensitive matters with discretion.
- Able to establish positive relationships with parents, students, staff and volunteers.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, in English.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and a focus on accuracy.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, juggle multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines and be proactive.
- Must be proficient in Windows-based programs, including a willingness to learn ActiveNet software.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two or more years relevant administrative and/or customer service experience.
- Familiarity with summer camp, school or community center environment and/or registration processes preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with students, teachers, parents preferred.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.