Please keep in mind that due to COVID-19, events should be verified directly with the organization prior to attending.
Bailey Contemporary Arts (BaCA), in Pompano Beach, is proud to announce a call for South Florida photographers to submit selections to be considered for the Gratitude and Joy exhibition. There are no submission fees, and the deadline is October 23, 2018. The exhibition, juried by Sharon Lee Hart, head of photography and Assistant Professor of Art at Florida Atlantic University, will run from December 7, 2018 through January 25, 2019. For full guidelines, http://baileyarts.org/pages/calls.
“As we approach the holiday season, we want to invite our community to reflect on the meaning of Gratitude and Joy,” said Juliana Forero, Ph.D., BaCA’s gallery curator. “Some people view “joyful” as moments during times of success and career satisfaction, others as quality time spent with family. We are looking forward to seeing the varied interpretations of this theme by our photographic community, professionals and amateurs alike.”
Sharon Lee Hart will review all of the entries, and the top selections will be displayed in the West Gallery of BaCA within Blooming Bean Coffee Roasters.
Sharon Lee Hart’s work has been exhibited throughout the U.S and internationally. She is known for visually exploring relationships between humans, other animals and the natural world. Hart’s photographs are in several permanent collections, including The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. She maintains an active studio practice, in addition to her roles at FAU.
· There is no submission fee
· Up to five images should be submitted in the following format:
– JPG, 300dpi up to 10″ on the long side
– Name each file with your name and the title, for example: smith_jane_title.jpg
– Deadline for Submission: October 23, 2018
· Email submission to email@example.com
· Please note: Improperly titled JPGs and/or a missing submission form will result in your submission(s) not being reviewed.