ArtServe seeks multimedia works that explore metaphors of home, habitat, community, and the related idea of belonging, whether cultural, social or creative.
‘HOME’ exposes layers of multimedia works, assemblages and vignettes, made through the collaboration of diverse, multi-faceted artists and creatives. Through these layers, the viewer can experience a cross-selection of our identity as a community, and be the spectator to a spirited fusion of theater, dance poetry, fashion and art exhibition.
* HOME is an all inclusive exhibition. Students, please use the “Submitting Student” link.
* Artwork must be original and created during the past 12 months. Submission is limited to one piece per artist.
* Artwork must represent metaphors of home, shelter, habitat and the related idea of belonging, whether cultural, social or creative.
* Submission is open to 2d/3d works in the following formats: painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, mixed-media, fiber art, audio-visual, ceramics and sculpture.
* Works highlighting diversity and inclusion are highly encouraged.
* Artwork must be ready to install. Wired and suitable for hanging.
* Artwork must be accompanied by a consistent 1 paragraph statement about the submitting piece about how it relates to the concept of ‘HOME’.
* 2d works should not exceed 48 x 48 inches in any direction. If you wish to submit a larger format, please contact curator directly for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org
***Works that not follow this criteria will be disqualified immediately.
Selected entries will have the opportunity to win awards from our sponsors and cash prices.
*Judges will have complete discretion in selecting the winners, except for the People’s Choice award.
ENTRY FEES (Non-Refundable)
$45 Non-members Entry Fee
$35 ArtServe Members Entry Fee
$15 Public School Students
All works must be for sale.
Gallery commission fee is 40% over final sales. This percentage will be added to the artist’s price.
ACCEPTANCE/ PLACEMENT OF WORK:
All artwork is subject to review & placement discretion by the Curatorial Committee. Exhibit selection is based on relevance to the theme and stated criteria. Placement in gallery is final.
Submission Deadline: August 1st, 11pm
Intake: August 15 – 17, 10am – 2pm
Artists Preview: Thursday, August 22nd 6pm-7pm
VIP & Collectors Night with Honoree Awards: Thursday, August 22nd 7pm-9pm
Community Engagement Day: Saturday, August 31st 2pm-5pm
Outtake: Saturday, October 4th 10am – 2pm
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: