“Absolutely Abstract 2017” will be an Exhibit of Work, any subject, any medium, created by artists who live in Palm Beach County, FL. Hosted by the Artists of Palm Beach County at their gallery, Art on Park in Lake Park, FL, this promises to encourage emerging and established artists to show their creativity. Art lovers: Mark Your Calendars for the Free, Opening Reception on August 11th. The Rickie Report shares the details here and hopes our readers will share this CALL for Art with others! The Deadline for submissions is July 26th. This Call for artists is open to non-members and will be juried by Jean Hutchison, for cash prizes.
Abstract Work created in any medium
Exhibit shows 8/7 – 9/8/2017
Submission deadline: Wednesday, 07/26/2017
* $50 for First Place * $25 for Second Place * Honorable Mentions *
Our judge is: Jean Hutchison. Jean began to draw as soon as she could hold a crayon, and as a child attended the Art Institute of Chicago for summer lessons. She later graduated from the University of Wisconsin with an English major, and Art and Science minors. Her large painting, “Birds of the World”, won the $5000 Best of Show at the Society of the Four Arts in Palm Beach, Florida. Her work has been shown at the Boca Raton Museum of Art, The Milwaukee Art Museum and The West Bend Art Museum in West Bend, Wisconsin. An exhibitor in national juried shows, she has won numerous awards, and her work hangs in many public and private collections. A resident of Florida since 1986, her paintings are currently being featured in galleries, collections and museums throughout the state.
Entry Fee: $15 (Non-members $35) for up to 3 works of art.
Entry Deadline: Midnight, Wednesday July 26th. 2017
Notification to Artists: Saturday July 29th, 2017
Art drop off: Friday August 4th, 2017 – 12:00 pm through 5:00 PM
Art pick up: Friday September 8th, 2017 – 12:00 pm through 5:00 PM
Rules for Eligible Work:
• All Artists are eligible to submit work to this exhibition. Membership is not required.
• Work previously displayed in Art on Park Gallery is not allowed.
• Original ideas only.
• Only original works will be accepted. No giclees of original work unless the original is a digital image.
• Maximum Size: 60″ wide x 60″ high.
• No late entries accepted.
• Entry fees are not refundable.
• The decision of the jurors is final.
• Images of works must be submitted to be juried in an electronic JPG format, no larger than 3MB each, via the link on the ArtistsofPalmBeachCounty.org website. File names should contain the name of the work. Make sure the file names match the names listed on the entry form.
• Any required entry fees must be paid before submissions will be accepted.
• Unframed pieces in any medium must be finished on all sides – no staples showing.
• No damaged frames or mats; mats must be clean.
• All installation methods, such as wire attached to frames, must be secure. All 2D pieces MUST be wired on the back.
• All entries must be labeled on the back of the work, base of sculpture, or somehow attached to artwork with artist name and title of work.
Fee Payments / Entry Forms: