ArtServe was incorporated in 1989 as one of six original arts incubators in the U.S. and has expanded its services to become South Florida’s premier arts incubator. Since its inception, ArtServe has greatly improved its incubator mission by developing events, programs and services that help artists turn art into business while providing a positive impact on the lives of children, seniors, and at-promise individuals. ArtServe hosts 14 major exhibits annually in its JM Family Enterprises Gallery; administers Broward County’s Cooperative Advertising Program; presents a comprehensive Technical Assistance Program with funding from the NEA and Broward County; manages ArtsCalendar.com, South Florida’s online guide to arts and culture; and received the 2009 State of Florida Arts Recognition Award. In 2012, ArtServe provided more than 2,000 client services reaching almost 80,000 attendees.
As one of only six original arts incubators in the United States, ArtServe develops progressive events, programs and services that help artists turn art into business, while providing a positive impact on the lives of diverse communities and enriching the cultural landscape of South Florida.
In keeping with its mission, ArtServe’s key initiatives are:
1. The ArtServe Facility: ArtServe annually hosts 14 major exhibits in its JM Family Enterprises Gallery; operates the Gallery Gift Shop for member artists; hosts hundreds of performances and classes in its auditorium annually; provides essential training and technical assistance programs for artists and the community.
2. The Cooperative Marketing Program. To provide not-for-profit cultural organizations with Broward-based cultural events reduced advertising rates and a recognizable presence through larger media placements. Contributions from eligible not-for-profit cultural agencies are matched by the Cultural Division, enabling the program to purchase more than $300,000 in advertising and marketing services annually. Currently ArtServe provides marketing support to 75 eligible cultural nonprofits.
3. ArtsCalendar.com: an ArtServe initiative that benefits the entire region by providing a master arts calendar and data aggregator providing free listings to all artists and art and cultural organizations.
4. (InSIDE)/Out!, Art as Healing Therapy, is ArtServe’s ever-expanding art therapy program, which now includes, the main gallery exhibit, traveling children’s exhibits, and art therapy workshops. The premise of this program is to reflect on the value of the arts and show how this value transcends into one of the largest segments in our population – individual’s living with disabilities. It highlights the dire need for the arts and arts programs and shows how art act as a vital medium for communication – a universal language.
5. Red Eye Event, a premier multi-media summer event, caters to the highly inventive, lowbrow and radical art. The purpose of the Red Eye is to create an innovative and exciting project that adds a twist to the conventional gallery exhibit, an outlet for the young student fresh out of secondary communication. The Red Eye brings attention to beauty in the eccentric and raising awareness to a new age of artistic expression through dance, music, fashion, installations, and visual arts. Red Eye is on its way to becoming a weekend-long event and is now recognized as one of Fort Lauderdale's signature summer arts events.
What is ArtsCalendar.com?
ArtsCalendar.com is the leading online resource for Art and Cultural information for Broward County. ArtsCalendar.com offers the largest database of South Florida Arts and Cultural events, as well as additional listings of classes and workshops, auditions, call to artists and more.
Who is ArtsCalendar.com?
ArtsCalendar.com is an initiative of ArtServe, Inc., a non-profit organization recognized for creating cultural experiences for artists and the community. Founded 20 years ago, ArtServe brings outstanding new and established artists to a wider audience through exciting gallery exhibits, innovative events, and educational programs aimed at strengthening and assisting local artists in their business and marketing efforts. ArtServe seeks to advance the arts industry in South Florida, thus contributing to enhance the region’s quality of life, economic competitiveness and attractiveness as a tourist destination.
It's simple. ArtsCalendar.com wants YOU to know more about the Arts scene in Broward County. Our never ending calendar of events features the riches of cultural groups, events and contemporary artists. We want you to have fun and enjoy a show, visit an exhibit or take your family and friends to a festival. South Florida is where residents, world’s elite and art enthusiast come to experience a rich and diverse cultural community. Discover all the different/amazing things happening throughout our community! And if you're a visitor, we hope you'll find plenty of reasons to stay an extra day or two and see why this region is such a great place to live.
Contact us and find out more.